Theodore Roosevelt was a man of many accomplishments. He served as the 26th President of the United States, led the Rough Riders in Cuba, and was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts in negotiating an end to the Russo-Japanese War. As a statesman and leader, he set an example that we can all aspire to follow. So, what better way to find some motivation than through his own words?
Here are seven inspirational Theodore Roosevelt quotes that will keep you motivated and striving towards success.
1. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
This quote reminds us that anything is achievable if we are willing to put in the effort and believe in ourselves. All it takes is a little bit of perseverance and self-motivation to reach our goals.
2. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
This quote encourages us not to let our current situation limit us from making progress towards our goals. We should make use of whatever resources we have available at our disposal and strive for excellence despite any obstacles we may face along the way.
3. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Theodore Roosevelt
No matter how hard things may get, this quote reminds us that courage isn’t about having all the strength or willpower necessary to power through—it’s about continuing despite feeling exhausted or overwhelmed because quitting isn’t an option for us anymore.
4. “Comparison is the thief of joy” – Theodore Roosevelt
It is easy to compare ourselves with others but this can be detrimental to our mental health if we focus too much on it instead of focusing on our own accomplishments and growth as individuals. This quote serves as a reminder that comparing ourselves with others can only bring us down, so it’s best if we focus on being grateful for what we have instead of dwelling on who has more than us or less than us in life.
5. “The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” – Theodore Roosevelt
This quote speaks volumes about effective leadership—knowing when to delegate tasks and trusting your team members enough to let them do their job without micromanaging them every step of the way shows respect for their capabilities as well as your own trustworthiness as a leader who knows when they need help from others in order succeed collectively rather than individually.
6. “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure…than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
This quote encourages us not just take risks but also appreciate both failure and success equally because life would be pretty dull without either one! Taking risks allows us learn more about ourselves, grow stronger mentally and emotionally, and ultimately achieve greater successes than ever before!
7. “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care” – Theodore Roosevelt
This quote emphasizes how important it is not just show up but also show that we genuinely care about other people’s wellbeing by actively listening, understanding their needs, and empathizing with them without expecting something back in return every time around! Doing so strengthens relationships with others which then leads towards achieving greater successes together!
With these inspirational quotes from President Roosevelt, you now have plenty of motivation needed for taking on any challenge head-on! Whether it’s taking risks, delegating tasks, or strengthening relationships, these words of wisdom will surely help guide your journey towards success ! So go forth, be brave, and show everyone around you just how much care ! After all, at the end of day it’s all about believing in yourself!